January 1st, 1970
Thank you for rating the article
Rate this article:
1) What is the most difficult barrier or obstacle that you have faced as a person with hemophilia?
Being told I shouldn’t play hurling (which is an Irish sport), but nevertheless doing it.
2) In what ways has this obstacle affected your life?
I got bleeds due to playing sport, which made me miss quite a lot of days at school.
3) When did you realize that this obstacle was limiting you?
I realized it was an obstacle as I was getting older and my body couldn’t take trauma posed by physical activity because of hemophilia.
4) Who helped you push past this obstacle?
I got help from physiotherapists and doctors so that I could still play sport.
5) If you could offer advice to a person with hemophilia, what would it be?
Stay on your prophylaxis if you have access to it and don’t be afraid to talk about issues that bother you.